Filet Mignon Goat Cheese and Pancetta
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound beef tenderloin/ filet mignon roast, cut into four 4-ounce steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 1/4-inch-thick slice pancetta (2 ounces), diced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine, preferably Cabernet Sauvignon
Mix together the goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and basil in a small bowl. Sprinkle the steaks with the salt and pepper and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crispy, and then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Place the steaks into the hot pan with the pancetta drippings and cook until desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the steaks and let rest.
To make the pan sauce, return the pancetta to the skillet with the shallots and increase the heat to medium high. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer until slightly reduced.
Serve the steaks topped with the goat cheese mixture and pan sauce.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
Total Fat: 29 grams
More Recipes and Ideas:
Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Spiced Wafer Crust, Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Profiteroles with Herb Oil, Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Dip with Chives and Thyme, London Broil Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.