Pot Roast Stew
- One 2-pound boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 pound carrots, quartered
- 1 pound parsnips, quartered
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 dried bay leaf
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
Sprinkle the meat on all sides with the House Seasoning. Heat the oil until hot in a large pot, and then add the meat and sear on all sides. Add the carrots, parsnips and onions and saute for 2 minutes, and then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the tomatoes, wine and bay leaf. Cook, covered, until tender, about 55 minutes. Uncover, release the steam and let rest in the pot before serving, 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook's Note: This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker or conventional oven.House Seasoning:
Mix together the salt, garlic powder and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.