- 6 large shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, such as Sriracha, or more to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 crusty po' boy loaf, split almost all the way but still connected, and toasted (you can always use whole wheat instead)
- 2 slices tomato, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Bibb lettuce, for filling
- 1 raw oyster, shucked
- 1 part vodka
- 2 parts tomato juice (I recommend using low-sodium)
- Dash shaved horseradish
- Lemon wedge, for squeezing
For the po' boy: Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium heat.
Toss the shrimp with the canola oil, Cajun seasoning and salt. Grill until opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, dill, chili sauce and lime juice and zest.
To assemble the sandwich, spread the spicy mayonnaise on both sides of the bread. Fill with the grilled shrimp, tomato halves, sliced avocado and lettuce. Slice in half on the diagonal and serve. Also, try it without the bread and put the fillings into the Bibb lettuce!
For the oyster shooter: Place the oyster in a shot glass and top with the desired amount of vodka. Add the tomato juice and a dash of horseradish and squeeze the lemon over top.