All You Can Eat Shrimp with Green Onion, Garlic and BBQ Spices
- 1/4 cup smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (21 to 24) large shrimp, shell on
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 12 cloves coarsely chopped fresh garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
Whisk together the paprika, ancho powder, brown sugar, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Place the shrimp in a large bowl, add the spice rub and stir well to coat each shrimp.
Heat your grill to high. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil on the grates of the grill over high heat in a large cast iron or saute pan; add half of the shrimp and half of the garlic and cook until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in half of the green onions and transfer to a large platter or turn out onto brown paper bags. Wipe out of the pan with paper towels, and repeat with the remaining ingredients.