All You Can Eat Shrimp with Green Onion, Garlic and BBQ Spices
- 1/4 cup smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (21 to 24) large shrimp, shell on
- 6 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 12 cloves coarsely chopped fresh garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
Whisk together the paprika, ancho powder, brown sugar, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Place the shrimp in a large bowl, add the spice rub and stir well to coat each shrimp.
Heat your grill to high. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil on the grates of the grill over high heat in a large cast iron or saute pan; add half of the shrimp and half of the garlic and cook until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in half of the green onions and transfer to a large platter or turn out onto brown paper bags. Wipe out of the pan with paper towels, and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Spice-Rubbed Shrimp "Nicoise" Salad, Fried Popcorn Shrimp with Mache, Roasted Corn, Asparagus and Grape Tomato Vinaigrette, Creamy Herbed Rock Shrimp in Roasted Tomatoes, Antipasti Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Easy Snack, Chicken Breast Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes, Holiday Appetizer Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.