Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Toasted Goat Cheese and Twice Cooked Red Chile Sauce
- 4 filet mignon steaks, each 1 1/2-inches thick
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 (3/4-inch thick) slices goat cheese
- Red Chile Sauce, recipe follows
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Red Chile Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 New Mexican red chiles, lightly toasted
- 2 quajillo chiles, lightly toasted
- 1 ancho chile, lightly toasted
- 6 to 8 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the grill to high. Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling. Meanwhile, combine the cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Liberally season both sides of each filet with the spice mixture. Grill the filets for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Remove the steaks from the grill onto a baking sheet, and top each with a slice of the cheese. Place under the broiler until cheese is golden brown and soft. Alternatively, use a blow torch or kitchen torch to brown the cheese. Ladle the sauce onto each plate, place the steak in the center, and garnish with chopped cilantro.Red Chile Sauce:
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook until soft. Add the chiles and stock, and bring to a simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chiles are soft. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until smooth.
Strain the mixture into a saute pan that has been set on high heat for a few minutes, and cook the sauce until slightly thick. Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Black Pepper-Crusted Burgers with Mustard Sauce, Five Star Filet Mignon Stuffed with Mushrooms and Onions, Pan Roasted Filet Mignon with Rum-Red Chile Sauce, London Broil Recipes, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.