Black Pepper-Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Turkey
- Turkey Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate molasses
- 3/4 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (about 15 pounds) fresh turkey
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock or low-sodium canned broth
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Whisk together pomegranate molasses, horseradish, mustard, salt, and coarsely ground black pepper. Set aside and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before using to allow the flavors to meld.
Remove the neck, heart and gizzard from inside of the turkey. Rinse the bird inside and out with cold water and pat dry. Rub the entire surface of the bird with the butter and season well (including the cavity) with salt and pepper. Truss the turkey and place breast-up on a rack in a large roasting pan. Roast for about 45 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue roasting, basting with some of the chicken stock every 15 minutes, for about 1 hour, 15 minutes longer. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the thigh should register 160 degrees F.)
During the last 15 minutes of roasting, stop basting with the chicken stock and brush the entire turkey with 1 cup of the pomegranate glaze. Remove the turkey from the oven, brush with the remaining glaze, loosely tent and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay