- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for buttering the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown muscovado sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toffee chips
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and line a 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang. Butter the lining too.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan; add both sugars and whisk until combined and the sugar is melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined. Add the flour mixture and whisk until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips, almonds and toffee chips and transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
Bake until the top cracks slightly and is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center comes out with moist pieces clinging to it, 24 to 27 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Remove the bars from the pan using the parchment handles, transfer to a cutting board and cut into 2-inch squares.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay, 2007