Bucatini alla Matriciana
- 1 medium-sized red onion, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces pancetta, cut into small dice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 11/2 pounds very ripe, fresh tomatoes, chopped; or 1 1/2 pounds canned tomatoes, preferably imported Italian, drained and crushed by hand
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound bucatini
In a large sauce pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and pancetta and cook slowly, until onions are soft and translucent and the pancetta fat is rendered. Add the tomatoes, hot red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
Boil a large pot of water; salt generously. Cook the bucatini until it is soft but still firm.
Divide the pasta between 4 warmed pasta bowls. Ladle some sauce on top, and serve with grated Pecorino Romano.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Veal Pockets in the Style of Valle d'Aosta: Portafoglie alla Valdostana, Stuffed Pasta, Sorrentine Style: Cannelloni alla Sorrentina, Fagiano alla Contadina: Pheasant, Farmer Style, Easy Dinner, Italian Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.