Cornbread Salad with Smoked Chile Vinaigrette
- 3 cups 1/2-inch diced stale cornbread
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pureed canned chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread cornbread in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Place the cornbread in a large bowl and add the peppers, onions and garlic. Mixtogether the vinaigrette ingredients, add to the cornbread mixture and toss to combine.
Let sit 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.