Crisp-Fried Oysters with Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce
- 28 shucked oysters, patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- Vegetable or peanut oil
- Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
- Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce:
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 ancho chile peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
Heat 1 inch of oil in a large cast iron skillet until smoking. Fry oysters in batches until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minutes on each side.
Serve with the Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce on the side.Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce:
Remove from the heat and whisk in the honey and pepper and season with salt, to taste. Serve at room temperature.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spicy Oyster Shooters, Oyster and Caramelized Onion Pan Roast with Winter Green Salad and Green Apple Vinaigrette, Chipotle Barbecue Oysters with Homemade Salsa Fresca, Lobster Tail Recipes, Seafood Soup Recipes, Lobster Roll Recipes, Crab, Crab Cake Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes