Crisp-Fried Oysters with Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce
- 28 shucked oysters, patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- Vegetable or peanut oil
- Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
- Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce:
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 ancho chile peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
Heat 1 inch of oil in a large cast iron skillet until smoking. Fry oysters in batches until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minutes on each side.
Serve with the Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce on the side.Red Chile Vinegar-Black Pepper Dipping Sauce:
Remove from the heat and whisk in the honey and pepper and season with salt, to taste. Serve at room temperature.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Oyster Po' Boy with Jalapeno Relish, Love Bites (Fried Oysters), Oyster and Caramelized Onion Pan Roast with Winter Green Salad and Green Apple Vinaigrette, Deep-Frying, Antipasti Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Cornmeal Recipes, Cast Iron Skillet Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.