- 1 cup pecans
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream
- Caramel Sauce, recipe follows
- Crushed Blackberries, recipe follows
- Freshly whipped cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread the pecans evenly on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and let cool before coarsely chopping.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in 1/2 lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- 2 pints blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cassis liqueur
Combine the blackberries, sugar, and cassis in a medium bowl and stir well. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, use a fork to crush the blackberries.