Cumin Crusted Chicken
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, toasted, plus 3 tablespoons toasted cumin seeds, ground
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (8-ounce) frenched, skin on chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup grated cotija cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together the whole cumin, lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, honey, and pepper in a medium baking dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and wipe off any excess. Combine the ground cumin, cotija, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Dust the chicken on the skin side with the mixture.
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Place the chicken, skin side down, in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over and place in the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay, 2001