Feta Olive Salad
- 1 pound feta (crumbled)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and minced
- 1 orange, zested and minced
- 1 cup very small cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)*
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- Black pepper in a mill
- Several large romaine or butter lettuce leaves
Place the feta in a large shallow bowl, add the onion, garlic, lemon zest, orange zest, cherry tomatoes, if using, green olives, and black olives. Toss lightly but thoroughly. Drizzle the olive oil over the salad and toss again. Add the fresh herbs, toss, and add several turns of black pepper. Arrange the lettuce leaves on 1 large or several individual plates and spoon the feta salad on top. Serve immediately.
*Note Use the tomatoes only when they are in season locally; otherwise, omit them.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.