Fire Roasted Baby Lamb Chops with Smoked Paprika-Orange BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups pureed canned plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 1 tablespoon aged sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 baby lamb chops, bone on and frenched
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft. Add the orange juice and cook until reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, ketchup, paprika, coriander, sugar, honey and vinegar and cook until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in the orange zest. Puree until smooth using an immersion blender. Remove 1/2 cup to serve with the cooked lamb. Let cool to room temperature.
Heat the grill to high for direct grilling. Brush the lamb with canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chops on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, brush with some of the sauce, and grill another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a platter and serve with the reserved sauce.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Baby Lamb Chops with Mint Pesto, Baby Lamb Chops with Rosemary Parmesan Crust and Barolo Syrup with Scalloped Potatoes and Haricots Verts, Roasted Lamb Chops with Shallots, Tomatoes, and Olive Jus, Grilling Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Easy Grilling, Lamb, Beef Tenderloin Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.