Fried Alligator Nuggets
- 1/2 pound alligator meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Fish batter, for coating (see *Cook's Note)
- Cooking oil, for frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serving suggestions: various dipping sauces such as remoulade, mustard, or cocktail
Fill a deep pot halfway full with oil. Heat to 360 degrees F. Coat the alligator meat with the fish batter. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until gator floats in oil. Remove and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve as an appetizer with remoulade sauce, mustard sauce, or cocktail sauce for dipping.
* Cook's Note: We prefer Golden Dip brand fish batter, but if store-bought batter is not available in your area you can substitute flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.