- 6 (store or bakery-bought) vanilla or anise flavored pizzelle
- Pistachio or hazelnut gelato
- Hot fudge sauce, heated
- Chopped pistachios and hazelnuts
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Lemon sorbetto
- Fresh mint sprigs
For the gelato sundaes: Top the cookies with a large scoop of pistachio gelato, drizzle with hot fudge and sprinkle with pistachios.
For the sorbetto sundaes: Mix together the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and let macerate for 15 minutes. Place a large scoop of lemon sorbetto on each cookie and top with some of the strawberries and their juices and garnish with mint sprigs.