Grilled Asparagus and Roasted Mushroom Salad with Toasted Pecans, Blue Cheese and Red Chile Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 pound asparagus, grilled
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (portobello, cremini, shiitake) coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 8 ounces American blue cheese
- Red Chile Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Toss asparagus with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Arrange 1/4 of the mushrooms in the center of each plate. Arrange asparagus around the mushrooms. Sprinkle pecans and blue cheese around the edge of the plate. Drizzle with more of the dressing.Red Chile Mustard Vinaigrette:
Whisk together mustard, ancho powder, salt and vinegar, slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Season with more salt, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.