Grilled Avocado and Tomatoes, Basil Oil and Cotija Cheese with Pine Nuts
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 30 min
- 4 servings
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe beef steak tomatoes, halves and seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, halved and peeled and pitted
- Canola oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, grated
- Basil leaves
- 2 Ripe beef steak tomatoes, large diced
- 2 Haas avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced in half moons
- Torn basil leaves
- Toasted pine nuts
Combine oil, basil, salt and pepper in a blender and blend for 1 minute. Strain into a bowl, discard solids
Combine tomatoes and onion in a bowl, add a few tablespoons of the basil oil and season with salt and pepper. Reserve remaining basil oil for Shrimp recipe.
Heat grill to medium heat. Brush avocado with oil on grill and season with salt and pepper. Grill cut side down until lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove to a platter, cut side up. Place some of the tomato mixture on top of each avocado, drizzle with more of the oil and sprinkle with the pine nuts and cheese. Garnish with basil leaves.
Garnished with toasted pine nuts and cheese. Drizzled with dressing.