Grilled Bread Salad with Peppers and Tomatoes
- 4 large day-old lavash or other large flatbreads
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup mixed hot and mild red and yellow marinated peppers (such as Peppadew), drained and chopped
- 1 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 large green onions, green and light green parts only, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 ounces arugula
Heat a grill to medium. Grill the bread for a minute or two on each side, so it crisps and chars slightly. (If you are grilling other foods at another heat level you can still add the breadthe goal is just to crisp and char it a bit.)
While the bread crisps, combine the tomatoes, peppers, parsley and green onions. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and vinegar and toss again.
Place the arugula on top of the tomato mixture. Crumble the bread on top, leaving most of it in large pieces. Toss very gently, taking care not to crush the bread.