Grilled Eggplant Salad
- 1 Italian eggplant, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into rounds
- Canola oil
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and flesh chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped oregano leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
Brush the eggplant and red onions with canola oil and arrange on the grill. Cook the eggplant until soft and grill the onions until they have a slight char. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Once cool, roughly chop and add them to a serving bowl along with the avocado.
In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, the Dijon, and oregano. Add honey and olive oil, to taste, and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Eggplant and Manchego Cheese Salad with Fresh Basil and Balsamic-Black Pepper Glaze, Grilled Eggplant and Goat Cheese Salad, Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant Salad with Honey-Thyme Vinaigrette, Grilling Recipes, Barbecuing, Eggplant Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Eggplant Casserole Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes