Grilled Fennel and Orange Salad with Almonds and Mint
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 oranges, peeled and segmented, plus 1 orange, juiced and zested (only zest half of orange)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
Heat grill to high. Brush the fennel with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until slightly charred and almost cooked through. Place fennel on a platter and scatter orange segments over the top. Whisk together the orange juice, zest, mustard, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad. Sprinkle with almonds and mint and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.