- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 1/2 pound lamb tenderloin
- 4 pocketless pitas or Lavash
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic and rosemary in a medium shallow baking dish, add lamb and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours. Preheat grill. Grill lamb on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes for medium doneness. Let sit 10 minutes and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint chiffonade
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Mix all ingredients together and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Feta Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup yogurt, drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Place 4 slices of lamb in the center of each pita. Top with tomato salad and drizzle with yogurt sauce.