Creamy Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons prepared mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut in half and grilled, for garnish
- 1 pound cremini or white button mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery (the white stalks from the heart), cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the vinaigrette:
For the mushrooms:
Heat the grill to high.
Place the mushrooms in a large bowl, add the canola oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat. Skewer mushrooms, 4 on a skewer. Place the mushrooms on the grill, until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over and continue grilling until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and quarter.
Place the celery and parsley in a large bowl, add half of the vinaigrette and toss to combine, season with salt and pepper. Top with the mushrooms and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette. Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and serve.