Grilled Oysters with Jalapeno-Herb Mignonette
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon clover honey
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano chile, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 oysters, scrubbed
Heat the grill to high for direct grilling.
Stir together the vinegar, lime juice, honey, onions, jalapeno, chopped herbs and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Let sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Remove the tops of the oysters over a bowl, catching any of the oyster liquor that comes out. Add the liquid back to the bottom shell with the oyster. Put on the grill and grill until the liquid just begins to simmer but the oysters are still a little raw in the center, about 4 minutes. Carefully remove with tongs to a platter and top each oyster with a teaspoon of the mignonette.
Warning: Consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish may substantially increase the risk of foodborne illness.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri