- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick, crosswise
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat grill. Brush both sides of the onion slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Just to obtain grill marks and cook slightly. Remove from grill and coarsely chop. Combine onions in a medium bowl with cucumber, oregano and toss with the yogurt-mint dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- 1 cup plain yogurt, drained in fine sieve about 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup mint chiffonade
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.