Grilled Sea Scallop Skewers with Creamy Hot Pepper and Garlic Vinaigrette with Toasted Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup hot cherry peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices good white bread, crusts removed and finely processed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 16 to 20 large sea scallops, patted dry
- Special equipment: 6-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water
Put the mayonnaise, cherry peppers, vinegar, 2 tablespoons parsley, mustard, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme and garlic in a blender. Season with salt and pepper and puree until fairly smooth. Set aside.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saute pan over high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook until lightly golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and the lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the grill for high heat direct grilling.
Skewer 2 or 3 scallops onto 2 skewers so that the scallops lay flat. Brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops until well caramelized on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 30 seconds or so. Remove to a platter, drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
Grilled Tuna Steaks With Pesto(00:03:13)
Citrus Salsa Grilled Salmon(00:04:21)
Grilled Shrimp Scampi(00:01:30)
Fish Skewers With Chimichurri(00:03:50)
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Sea Scallops on Tortilla Chips with Avocado Puree and Jalapeno Pesto, Cumin Grilled Sea Scallops with Chickpea Salad and Red Pepper-Tahini Vinaigrette, Grilled Sea Scallops on Tortilla Chips with Avocado Puree and Jalapeno Pesto 2, Grilling Recipes, Barbecuing, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes