Grilled Sea Scallop Skewers with Creamy Hot Pepper and Garlic Vinaigrette with Toasted Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup hot cherry peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices good white bread, crusts removed and finely processed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 16 to 20 large sea scallops, patted dry
- Special equipment: 6-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water
Put the mayonnaise, cherry peppers, vinegar, 2 tablespoons parsley, mustard, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme and garlic in a blender. Season with salt and pepper and puree until fairly smooth. Set aside.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saute pan over high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook until lightly golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and the lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the grill for high heat direct grilling.
Skewer 2 or 3 scallops onto 2 skewers so that the scallops lay flat. Brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops until well caramelized on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 30 seconds or so. Remove to a platter, drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Sea Scallops with Pasta Rags, Homemade Pesto, Current Tomatoes, Fresh Asparagus and Chantrelle Mushrooms, Cumin Grilled Sea Scallops with Chickpea Salad and Red Pepper-Tahini Vinaigrette, Grilled Sea Scallops on Tortilla Chips with Avocado Puree and Jalapeno Pesto 2, Easy Main Dish, Easy Baking, Easy Dessert, Easy Stir-Frying, Easy Slow Cooking, Easy Side Dish
Thank you! your flag was submitted.