Grilled Shiitake Mushroom Salad on Mizuna with Ponzu Style Dressing
- Ponzu-Style Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons yuzu juice (or a combination of fresh orange juice, grapefruit juice, and lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped grapefruit zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped orange zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lime zest
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Pinch sugar
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- Peanut oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups mizuna leaves
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat grill to high. Brush mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Remove from heat and tear into rough pieces.
Place mizuna in a large bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of dressing. Season with pepper, to taste. Add mushrooms to bowl, toss, and drizzle with more of the dressing.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp