Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Soy Sauce, Fresh Ginger and Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Wooden skewers (4-inch)
- 24 large shrimp
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup peanut oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Soak 4-inch wooden skewers in cold water for 1 hour. Thread 1 shrimp onto each skewer so that the shrimp lie flat.
Whisk together the soy, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice and peanut oil together in a small bowl. Place shrimp skewers onto a plate and drizzle with peanut oil to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat grill. Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Place shrimp on a platter, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay