- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed into a paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Salt and freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 6 russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and tarragon and salt and pepper, to taste, in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Put the potatoes in a pot of cold water, add 2 tablespoons of salt and cook the over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, let cool and cut each potato lengthwise into 8 slices.
Heat a grill to high. Brush the potatoes with the oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste, and grill until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve with the aioli alongside.