Grilled Tofu and Chicken Pad Thai
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste, reconstituted in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pound Thai rice noodles, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup cashews, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 limes, halved and grilled
Heat grill to high. Brush both sides of tofu and chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the tofu on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly charred, remove, and cut into thin slices. Grill the chicken for 4 minutes per side or until slightly charred and just cooked through, remove, and cut into thin slices.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium saucepan on the grates of the grill or side burner on the grill. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft. Add the ancho powder and cook for 10 seconds. Add the tamarind mixture, vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, and peanut butter and bring to a boil. Place the cooked noodles, tofu, and chicken in a large bowl. Pour the boiling sauce over the noodles and toss gently until until combined. Fold in the green onion, cilantro, and bean sprouts and top with the chopped nuts. Serve with grilled limes on the side.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Chicken Wings with Spicy Chipotle Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese-Yogurt Dipping Sauce, Thai Chicken with Carrot-Ginger Salad, Emeril Lagasse's Grilled Vietnamese-Style Chicken Wings, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Noodles, Asian, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.