Grilled Whole Red Snapper with Sea Salt and Fresh Oregano Mix and Black Olive & Feta Cheese Relish
- 2 whole red snapper, about 1 pound each, scaled and gutted
- 2 lemons, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/4 bunch fresh oregano sprigs, plus 2 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
- Greek olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoons sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped and pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Heat grill to medium high heat. Using a chef's knife make slits in each side of the fish. Place a few slices of lemon, and a few sprigs of the oregano in each of the cavities. Brush the fish with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place the fish on the grill and grill until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Carefully turn the fish over and continue to grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove and sprinkle fish with sea salt, chopped oregano and olive oil.
Combine the olives, feta and lemon juice in a bowl, add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Carefully fold the ingredients together.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay