- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons clover honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 3/4 pound pinto beans, soaked overnight, cooked until tender and drained well
- 1 1/2 cups grilled chopped lobster meat
- Mustard-Molasses Dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine the molasses, water, vinegar, mustard, honey, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the onion and carrot and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the beans and lobster and cook until slightly heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, add the dressing and parsley and toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.