Toasted White Corn Pancakes:
2 cups white cornmeal, lightly toasted
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/4 cups milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Heat a griddle or cast iron frying pan over high heat, brush with oil and add 3 tablespoons batter for each pancake (total of 20). Fry for about 1 minute, or until dry around the edges, turn and fry for about 30 seconds until cooked through.
Keep warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
White Truffle Butter:
1 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 white truffle, finely shaved
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Place the butter in a medium bowl. Fold in the truffles until combined and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Leftover butter can be frozen.
4 lobsters (1 1/2 pounds each) steamed and meat removed
Roasted Baby Beets:
4 red baby beets
4 yellow baby beets
4 candy stripe baby beets
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Rub the beets with the oil, place on a baking sheet and roast until cooked through, approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove skin. Cut into quarters.
- 3 medium red beets, roasted, skin removed and juiced
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Place the beet juice in a small nonreactive saucepan over high heat and reduce to 3 tablespoons. Strain through a fine strainer into nonreactive bowl and let cool. When cool, slowly whisk in the canola oil until emulsified.
- Whisk together the vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the beet oil until emulsified. Season with pepper and more salt if needed.
Sauteed Lobster in White Truffle Butter
Toasted White Corn Pancakes
Finely chopped chives
Roasted Baby Beets, quartered
White Truffle Butter
Shaved white truffle
Heat 3 tablespoons of the truffle butter in a medium saute pan over low heat. Add the 1/2 of the cooked lobster meat and cook for 30 seconds or until just warmed through and season with salt and pepper to taste. Repeat with the remaining lobster. Place 1 of the warm pancakes on each dish, top each pancake with some of the warmed lobster meat and sprinkle with the chives. Repeat, layering, for a total of four layers, top with the remaining 4 pancakes.