- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, short ribs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, ends trimmed
- Peanut oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, mizuna or watercress
Whisk together soy, oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the ginger in a baking dish. Add the ribs and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Heat grill to high. Season ribs with salt and pepper and grill about 3 to 4 minutes per side, until tender. Brush the onions with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until tender.
Whisk together the vinegar, remaining tablespoon of ginger, honey, sesame oil and olive oil in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Coarsely chop the green onions and add to the bowl. Add mint leaves, mizuna and or watercress and toss to coat.