Mesa Grill Potato Salad
- 3 pounds new potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover by 1-inch with cold water. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until fork tender, 12 to 15 minutes and drain well. Let cool slightly then slice into 1/4-inch thick pieces and add to a large serving bowl.
Stir together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture over the warm potatoes and mix gently until combined, mashing the potatoes slightly. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste, before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.