Mint Marinated Grilled Shrimp Tabbouleh Salad
- 1/2 cup medium or coarsely cracked bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup baby arugula leaves
- 2 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped to a paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grilled shrimp, recipe follows
- Grilled shrimp:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp (20 to 24 size), shelled and deveined
Place bulgur in a bowl and pour the boiling water over. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand until bulgur is tender and most of the water is absorbed, about 1 to 2 hours.
Drain off any excess liquid from the bulgur and stir in the arugula, green onions and mint.
Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic and oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the bulgur and season with salt and pepper.Grilled shrimp:
Heat grill to high. Season shrimp with salt and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until slightly charred and just cooked through.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Shrimp and Green Papaya Salad, "Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Sake Marinated Shrimp with a Cucumber and Mango Salad, Potato Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.