Nutella and Banana Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 (1/2-inch thick) slices Pullman bread or pain de mie
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed together with 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 jar chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Whole strawberries, for serving
Heat a griddle or large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Put butter on griddle to melt (do not use all of the butter if doing this in batches), then place bread on griddle, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture, and flip; cook for a few seconds so cinnamon sugar adheres. Flip bread back over and spread with chocolate hazelnut spread. Arrange sliced bananas on top and then sprinkle with hazelnuts. Cook until just melted and then combine the slices to make 4 sandwiches. Serve warm with whole strawberries on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.