Pineapple Ginger Vanilla Vodka
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple juice
- 3 cups fresh pineapple juice, poured into ice cube trays and frozen
- 1/4 cup vanilla vodka or plain vodka
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Pineapple slices, for garnish
Combine the sugar, water, ginger and vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 1 minute. Cool at room temperature and strain.
Combine the pineapple juice, 1 cup of pineapple cubes, the simple syrup and vodka in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses filled with pineapple cubes, if desired, and garnish with mint and pineapple slices.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay