Poached Salmon on Watercress with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 5 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 (3 pound) salmon fillet, skin on, scaled and pin bones removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups watercress
- Fresh dill
To make the salmon: Combine all ingredients except the salmon in a medium skillet or saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides, add to simmering liquid, and cover. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until just done.
Toss the watercress with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the watercress on a large platter and place the salmon in the center. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette and garnish with dill.
Copyright 1999 Bobby Flay. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay