Poached Salmon on Watercress with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 5 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 (3 pound) salmon fillet, skin on, scaled and pin bones removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups watercress
- Fresh dill
To make the salmon: Combine all ingredients except the salmon in a medium skillet or saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides, add to simmering liquid, and cover. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until just done.
Toss the watercress with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the watercress on a large platter and place the salmon in the center. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette and garnish with dill.
Copyright 1999 Bobby Flay. All Rights Reserved.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine