- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 quail, butterflied
- Canola oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat grill to medium. Combine pomegranate molasses, orange juice, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Drizzle quail with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, breast-side down, over medium heat, for about 7 minutes total or until golden brown and slightly charred. When quail is 3/4 cooked brush with glaze, turn over, brush the other side with glaze, and continue grilling until just cooked through. Remove from the grill and serve 2 quail per person.