Pork Gyros with Yogurt-Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano, plus more oregano for garnish
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Yogurt-Tomato Sauce, recipe follows
- 4 grilled pita pockets, for serving
- Mesclun greens or baby spinach, for serving
- Thinly sliced red onions, for serving
Whisk together oil, wine, garlic and oregano in a baking dish. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat grill to high.
Remove pork from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on all sides and cooked to an internal temperature of 150 degrees F. Let rest 5 minutes and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices.Yogurt-Tomato Sauce:
1 pint Greek yogurt
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 plum tomato, seeded and finely diced
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients, cover, and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.