Prosciutto di Parma-Black Pepper Quesadilla with Rosemary Oil
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma, thinly sliced
- Rosemary Oil:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Quesadilla: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place 8 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread half the cheese, onion and black pepper on each and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stack to make 2 layer layers, cover with remaining tortilla and brush the tops with oil and sprinkle with some of the Parmesan cheese. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly golden brown and the cheese has melted. Cut into quarters, top each quarter with a slice of prosciutto and drizzle with the rosemary oil.
Copyright 1999 Bobby Flay. All Rights Reserved.