Rhode Island Quahog Chowder
- 7 1/2 pounds red bliss potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Water, to cover
- 1 heaping tablespoon white pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 pound ground salt pork
- 1 1/2 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 quart chopped quahogs
- 1 quart quahog juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme
In large stock pot, cover potatoes with water by 2 inches. Add salt and pepper, and bring to boil then reduce to a simmer.
Add quahogs, quahog juice, and thyme to the potatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of Tom McGrath