Roasted Anaheim Queso Fundido
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, heated
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 large grilled or roasted Anaheim chiles, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Blue or white corn tortilla chips
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in the grated Monterey Jack cheese until smooth. Stir the chiles, cilantro and salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with chips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.