- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon zest
- 8 veal chops, each 3/4 pounds and 1-inch thick
Preheat grill. Remove chops from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill chops, turning once until the centers are slightly pink, (registers 150 internal temperature), about 15 to 17 minutes.
- 1 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 yellow onions, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Brush mushrooms and onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill each for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally until just cooked through. Remove from the grill and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in a bowl with the tomatoes, thyme. Drizzle in the vinegar and oil, mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
BRAISED AND GRILLED ARTICHOKES:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 artichokes, quartered and choke removed, soaked in a large bowl acidulated water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
Place the olive oil, vinegar, wine, garlic and water in a large saute pan and place on the side burner of the grill and bring to a simmer. Drain and discard water. Add the artichokes, cut side down in a single layer in the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook until the barely tender, about 12 minutes.
Remove the artichokes from the pan, season with salt and pepper and grill for 4 to 5 minutes until lightly golden brown on both sides. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Yield: 8 servings