Saffron Lobster Salad on Grilled Fingerlings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large pinch saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup best-quality mayonnaise
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked lobster meat (see Cook's Note below)
- 1 large stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 12 fingerling potatoes, par-boiled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Cook's Note: Use the leftover lobster meat from the whole lobsters that were cooked in the Grilled Lobster Tails with Green Curry-Mango Dipping Sauce recipe.
Add vinegar, saffron, and honey to a small skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Turn off the heat and let mixture cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, and cooled vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine the lobster, celery, onion, and chives, and stir together. Add 1/2 cup of the saffron mayonnaise to the mixture and stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Brush potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill potatoes, cut-side down, until golden brown. Turn over and grill for 2 more minutes. Remove potatoes from the grill and place a small dollop of lobster salad on each potato.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay