- 6 ounces salmon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle puree
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 baguette, cut on the bias into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- Ground cumin
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Special Equipment: 3-inch ring mold
Combine the salmon, capers, cilantro, Dijon, olive oil, chipotle puree and scallions in a medium bowl, and season with salt and black pepper. Chill until ready to use.
Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
Rub the baguette slices with cumin, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill until toasted and slightly charred.
Fill the ring mold with the tartar, and then remove the mold. Serve with the crostini.