Sea Bass with Potatoes and Tomatoes in Parchment with Angel Hair Pasta and Arugula Salad with Lemon and Olive Oil
- 1 sea bass (about 2 pounds) scaled and cleaned with head and tail on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 8 sprigs parsley
- 1 large potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced paper thin
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, plus 1 cup wine, for sauce
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups clam broth
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Arugula Salad:
- 1/2 pound arugula leaves, washed and dried
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces thinly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Place the fish on one half of a sheet of parchment paper large enough to wrap the entire fish. Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper. Tuck the herbs inside of the fish. Spread the potatoes, onion and tomatoes over and around the fish. Drizzle with the 3 tablespoons olive oil and the 1/2 cup wine and season again with salt and pepper. Fold the other half of the paper over the fish, double fold the edges and crimp. Place the package on a baking sheet and place in the center of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
In a saute pan, sweat shallots and garlic. Add the remaining 1 cup of wine and clam broth. Reduce by half. Toss pasta with reduction. Remove the package from the oven and cut it open with scissors. Let sit a few minutes.
Divide the pasta among 4 plates, then fillet the fish and divide it among the plates. Arrange several spoonfuls of the vegetables around the fish and ladle some of the juices over the fish and pasta. Drizzle with some of the cooking juices and extra virgin olive oil.Arugula Salad:
Place arugula on a large platter. Squeeze lemon juice over and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place slices of cheese on top.