Skewered Sea Scallops with Lemon-Fennel Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Pernod
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 sea scallops
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Lemon-Fennel Dressing, recipe follows
- 2 lemons, halved and grilled
- Lemon-Fennel Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh fennel tops
Heat grill to high.
Whisk together the garlic, Pernod, olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a large baking dish. Add the scallops, turn to coat, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Skewer 3 scallops onto 2 skewers so that the scallops lay flat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper on both sides and grill for about 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a serving platter and immediately drizzle with the Lemon-Fennel Dressing. Serve with grilled lemons on the side.Lemon-Fennel Dressing:
Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a medium bowl until combined. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified and then stir in the chopped fresh fennel tops.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Grilled Sea Scallops with Pasta Rags, Homemade Pesto, Current Tomatoes, Fresh Asparagus and Chantrelle Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Paul Young