- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (1 large orange)
- 4 cups club soda, chilled
- Lemon slices (about 4 large lemons)
- Orange slices (1 large orange)
- 1 bunch fresh mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
- Crushed ice
- 6 shots bourbon
Combine 1 1/2 cups water and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Cool the simply syrup completely. This simple syrup can be made 1 week in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
Combine the simple syrup, lemon juice and orange juice in a pitcher. Mix in the club soda. Add the lemon slices, orange slices and mint.
Fill glasses with crushed ice. Add 1 shot bourbon to each glass and fill to the top with the sparkling lemonade. Garnish each glass with mint.